Tuesday, May 17, 2011

New Laundry Routine

I have given up on Rockin Green.  It just wasn't getting our diapers 100% clean/stink free.  Plus, I am not a huge fan of the "rock and roll" theme of that company, so I didn't mind switching.  So, I tried Tiny Bubbles.  This seemed to work a tiny bit better, but it still wasn't perfect.  We have hard water, and I think that is part of the problem.  So, I decided to try a little Tide with the Tiny Bubbles, and it seems to be working well.  So, here is the new routine:

Cold short cycle wash with about 1/2 teaspoon to Tide Liquid
Regular hot wash cycle with 1 scoop of Tiny Bubbles
2-4 Warm Rinses to get all the soap out

It seems to be working well.  There is a slight smell of Tide on a few diaeprs out of the wash, but that is the only smell I can detect.  All smells are gone after line drying.  I will probably keep these wash routine up, as it seems to get everything clean and smell free.

I also added a pail to store my diapers in.  I had just been using a bag, but I was tired of having the bag hang on the door and slowly releasing a smell to the top of our stairs.  I got a plastic laundry basket, and now I clothes pin the bag to that and it works great.  It has a lid, and even with 3 days between washes, the ammonia smell was very minimal when I dumped it into the wash this morning.  So, I think between the new wash routine and the newway of storing dirty diapers, the smell inthe house is going down!

No comments:

Post a Comment